SHOP!

Sunday, July 22

Drive in Maine

I am beginning to question our move to California. Trying to find a place in Venice has gone beyond humbling. I thought to look through some old shots to see if I could post something, and I saw this series from a drive we took in Maine one day. It was probably in April, and the weather was like this for a good stretch. We had to get out. We drove up route one from Rockland to Blue Hill. Stopped at Chase's Daily for a cherry tart that I still think about from time to time. Maine, Maine, Maine.













3 comments:

pam said...

I am so sorry to hear about Venice Beach, Lisa. Perhaps Maine is calling you home?

Unknown said...

You know once an East Coaster, always...
I know, I come from Nova Scotia originally and there is not a day I don't think about moving back. But then after a winter in Montreal, there are dreams of California.

jennfm said...

i have just discoveed your blog quite serendiptously ( is that a word ??)..your nostalgia for maine is helping me appreciate a completely fogged in summer morning in cape elizabeth..
i have just finished making a dress for our seven month old..i resurrected an old breton shirt that i could not part with..so love to recreate clothing...love love love the simplicity of your clothing..we seem to share a common appreciation for simiiliar things and places...maine, california ..france..i have been daydreaming about camel colored mountains..poppies and sunshine...but a "drive in Maine" sounds good too!! good luck in venice..maine will always be here..jennfm